film media literacy education
Professional development Workshops
1. Build artistic confidence NYC Educators need to deliver film media literacy educational components in accordance with the NYS Blueprint For Learning Standards.
2. Introduce Educators to the basic techniques governing the creative exercises and activities used to deliver film media literacy education programs to high school students.
3. Introduce Educators to the latest innovative technologies, teaching and learning methodologies, next-gen management and design techniques the basic rules governing video production, film studies, mobile technology, and 21st-century exponential thinking.
4. Introduce Educators to a community-building framework for the use of film, video, and mobile technology.
- Develop the basic skills needed to connect to the next generation of youth innovators.
- Develop the basic teaching skills needed to deliver film media literacy education across multiple academic disciplines and technical competencies.
- Develop the basic skills needed to empower high school students with the 21st-Century skills they need to earn a living wage.
- Develop the basic skills needed to empower youth with the 21st-Century skills they needed to support the health and welfare of the communities we live and work in.
This Course Is Designed For:
- Educators who would like to increase their knowledge of how to use film media literacy education to teach across multiple academic and technical competencies.
- Educators interested in applying 21st-century best teaching practices to impact student learning, accelerate ideas for innovation with purpose, help close the skills gap crisis and help improve communities.
- Educators interested in teaching high school students how to use 21st-century technology to support the health, wealth, and welfare of their communities.
- Educators interested in learning the latest innovative technology, methodologies, exponential thinking, and next-gen change management and design.
This course was created and developed by Film Media Literacy Educator, Jennifer Saunders. It was designed to provide fundamental knowledge for new learners, educators, and teaching artists who have an interest in learning how to deliver Film Media Literacy Education's creative exercises and activities. At the end of the course, participants will have gained knowledge of the basic rules that govern film media literacy education, mobile microlearning, the critical 4C's skills-set, film studies, video production, mobile communications technology, and more.
People 4 People Productions is providing this course to the best of its ability, knowledge, and experience. We strive to present the information in a simple to understand format. We are not responsible for the outcome of the application of the learner's proficiency in applying the information we provide. Sample photographs in the program are used to build upon the teaching materials provided and the terms governing the creative commons license.
Certificates of Completion are granted to all learners who successfully complete all of the exercises and activities of the program.